Monday, September 9, 2013

Living in Your Why

Yesterday while serving at a ministry fair, I had the opportunity to serve with a lady that blessed me with her story.  She shared with me how she lived in fear for so long in her life that she felt that she had missed her purpose in life.  As we continued to talked she share with me that she had worked for a major retail store for over 20 years at the customer service desk.  I was in awe about her commitment to serving the public in such a capacity.  She stated that she tries to encourage individuals that she comes in contact with and she may just pray with them. I can only imagine the impact that she is having on others even when they are coming in to complain about something or return something. 

This lady continued to share with me how she sets out to be a blessing to people at least twice a month.  She gets nominations from people about who they would like to receive a blessing and she will take a day to bless the individual.  She shared with me that recently she went to a nursing home to bless an 83 year old lady.  She took her flowers, candy, a prayer book, and just spent some quality time with the lady.  The lady was so blessed that she shared her blessing with others by sharing her gifts with others. 

At the end of our conversation, she said I am still trying to find out what I want to be when I grow up.  I was taken back for a moment because I could see that she was walking in her why by being a blessing to others. 

Sometimes our Why is not some big grand thing such as being a famous artist or millionaire but we can impact the people around us by living in our Why.

No comments:

Post a Comment