Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Everybody Can't Go

On Saturday, I was watching an episode of Between Brothers.  I don't know if you remember it, it was a sitcom that had Kadeem Hardison, Tommy Davidson, Kelly Perine and Dondre Whitfield that was out in the late 90's.  This particular episode was about Charles (Kadeem Hardison) was working to get an interview with Michael Jordan and he was hanging out with Duane Martin to get the interview.  His friends wanted to be included in the parties and activities but they were not on the list. It made me think about how there are some situations that you can't take everybody with you.

How many times have we wanted to take others with us as we move forward in our destiny?  There are some situations that everyone will not be able to go with us.  It may be a work situation, a relationship, your destiny, etc. that you seem to be holding on to someone or they are holding on to you.  This makes me think about all the times that I wanted to take family and friends with me on my journey(the good and the bad) and God reminded me that this is not their destiny it is yours.   I remember when I was preparing to go to college and I realized that my friends were not going to Memphis with me.  I had been accepted to MSU and it could not change my mind.  So I had to go forth and go alone, but I was able to meet other friends that have become valuable to my journey.

The realization that our journey is our own and it is key to moving forward.  Remembering that there are specific things that we must go through to get to what is designed for us.  At times the journey gets lonely and you want to bring someone along for the ride.  Do we really bring them along because we want them as a companion or is it because we are fearful, victims of circumstance, codependent, etc.?  It is important that we choose prayerfully who is suppose to go with us on the journey, next phase of life, etc. 

It does not mean that we will not meet again on this journey, it just mean that you can not go on this part of the journey with me because you have your own path to experience. 



No comments:

Post a Comment