Saturday, August 4, 2012

Change is essential to growth

On my commute to work I listen to The Steve Harvey Morning Show and one morning he stated in order to grow you must change.  This message stuck with me because it spoke truth to me.  This morning as part of my devotion I was reading Isaiah 41:8-14 and God reminded me that He is with me in all situations. So with that being said, I have an understanding that to grow I must be willing to change.

Change creates uncertainty, feelings of being uncomfortable, going beyond the knowing, discipline and obedience.  Think about plants because they start out as seeds planted in soil.  The soil and seeds have to be nurtured through fertilization and watering.  We can not see the changes and growth that the plants are going through underground until we will finally see a sprout.  The seeds go through a transition process to develop into a lively green plant.  Tranisition is part of development and growth.  Whatever growth that you want to go through in your life, you must be willing to change some things. 

What area in your would you like to change?  I am here to walk alongside you and help you make the change and grow.

"If we don't change, we don't grow.  If we don't grow, we aren't really living. - Gail Sheehy


No comments:

Post a Comment