Sunday, July 22, 2012

Preparation...Trust and Believe

Over the course of the past week, God has truly showed me that He knows that plans that He has for me.  About a month ago, I received a change in the course that I was going to assist with this session.  In the change, I was introduced to another colleague that has provided great insight into the next stage of my professional identity development. In the short time that I have worked with this individual he has shared information that has required me to think deeply and introspectively.  During the time, I have heard from God regarding a possible dissertation topic which I am excited. 

The information shared has allowed me to look at the values that govern my life.  When your situation is not matching up with the values (principles on which you stand) , it may be time for your to make some changes. God has been speaking me about the next stage but I have been fighting fear.  I say that I trust and believe that He knows that plans that he has for me and these plans are to prosper me and give me an expected end (Jeremiah 29:11).  I must exercise my faith and believe that it will come to pass. 

God has showed me these plans and He has also opened the opportunity for me to teach. Lifelong learning is one of the values on my list and there are others that will continue to move me toward meaningful work.  My desire to be align with the plans God has for me and my value is intentional.  I will keep you posted on the next move.

Assignment

Make a list of your top 5 -  7 values and define each one to what it means to you. Also ask God what His plans are for your life by trusting and believing that He will bring them to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment