Saturday, March 9, 2013

Leap of Faith

Since starting this blog, I have wanted to encourage others to live out their God given calling or dream especially in the realm of career and vocation. Well if I am completely honest, I was living in the shadow of do what I say do not as I do. I could blame it on fear or uncertainty, but I realized it was more about my belief about me. I have shared with you about getting out of the boat and walking on water and other similar things.

On March 5th, I got out of my boat of safety which for me is my job with good pay, great responsibility, influence and title. I submitted my letter of resignation to grab on to my God sized dream and calling. The realization of what God can do through me is much more than I can do. This is truly a faith walk for me and being obedient to the call is developing my faith. The opportunities available are limitless and being able to experience God is most important.
I have such a sense of peace and freedom but don't get me wrong....it is scary. Since I was younger, I have always wanted to own my own business. At the time I did not know what the word Entreprenuer meant, I know now that I have always had the spirit of business ownership. I remember selling shoes and gift cards from catalogs as my first job as a teenager. My grandfather was my first customer, he would order shoes out of my Stuart McGuire catalog. Or I would sell greeting cards and it was really not about the prize, it was the sense of ownership.
The call to work with others and help them to discover their vocation "calling" has been at the root of it. I was talking to someone this week, I realized that when I transitioned into the profession of counseling from the business arena, it was not about working for an agency, it was about being able to own a practice. The desire to own a private practice has been changed to a more global view of owning a business that will help other live their best life through Learning...Empowerment...Authenticity...Development. The global aspect incorporates different arms that are not bogged down into one area.
The calling even rest in the topic of my dissertation on Leader Development and Professional Identity Development. I would question God about why did He call me into counseling but the majority of my positions have been in leadership and supervision. My blend of experience in the business and counseling professions have set me up for the next season of my profession.
So it is official......L. Dangerfield Consulting is open for business.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to you. I can't wait to hear about how God leads you.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete