Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Emotional Rollercoaster

The past couple of weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotions for me.  I realize that things can change in a moments notice and how they can also be seen from different perspectives.  I went on vacation a couple of weeks ago which included the celebration of my sister's 40th birthday.  Fun was had by all and the opportunity to see the islands through the eyes of others was great.  The opportunity to walk through a rainforest and see a natural waterfall was breathtaking.  I have always said that I wanted a waterfall in my house.  Nothing compares to the beauty of God's nature.

While on my trip, I received a message from a friend about a possible contract opportunity.  I knew that once I returned from vacation that I would have to really hit the ground running to develop my business contacts.  Once returning, I contacted the friend and got the appropriate information to make contact regarding the contract.  My situation turned around in a matter of 30 minutes going from submitting my information to a phone conversation with an offer to do some contract work.  What great news!!!! 

Fast forward to the next hour, I got a text from my sister stating they were calling an ambulance for my mom.  My mom was having problems breathing....she was having problem from our vacation due to the long travel, different altitude and weather, difference in treatment. This has increased my emotions from jubilation to anxiety.  Then the added stress of talebearing individuals that create drama.  This current situation has me thinking about the place of adult children becoming family caregivers and the impact of having to care for my aging parents.  I am so grateful that I have such a supportive family and that my sisters and I are a team.

I know it is the perspective from which you see things is how you handle things.  Perspective changes things so much. 

1 comment:

  1. I hope your mother is OK. I know too well the issues of caring for aging parents. Reach out tome if I can help.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete