Sunday, June 30, 2013

Living Your Truth

I should be working on my dissertation at this very moment, but I have been watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday with India.Arie.  I have been an admirer of both of these ladies because they are living their true authentic self.  The conversation held has been one that has spoken to my spirit and the essence of what I want to do.  I seek to live my true authentic self but I get caught up in the judgment of self and the perceived judgment of others.  The understanding that I am not living my authentic self when I shrink back because I am afraid of the judgments of others.  The realization is that I judge others through the lens of what I believe others are judging me. 

India.Arie share several lessons....Your real job in the world is to be you.  I love this because I believe that there are times that we are in other peoples lanes when we want what they have or strive to be who we are not.  We were created for specific plans (Jeremiah 29:11)....these are plans that God have for us and these plans will come with the expected end. 

Another lesson shared was ....telling the truth is really not in what you say but in how you show up.  Wow, when you show up in the truth of who you are then you are being true but if your actions are incongruent with who you are showing up as then you are living a lie.  Being inconsistent in what you do everyday with friends, families, and the world, you are not allowing others to live their truth because they are reacting to your untrue self.  I am working to get past the inconsistent me and live the true me.  It is not being selfish...it is about living in the true spirit of who I am. 

Live each day in your truth so that you can bless the world with who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment