Tuesday, July 9, 2013

How are you seeing the situation?

Last week as I was driving to class the following thought popped in my mind - You have to stop judging people through your expectations.  Wow Holy Spirit that was a word dropped into my spirit.  This made me think about how many times I have judged a situation or person through the lens of my expectations for that person or how I would have do it.  The understanding that we all see things through our perspective and the judgments we place on others. 

This thought humbled me because I realized I was guilty as charged and I realize that it bothers me when people judge me through their expectations without getting to know me or letting me know their expectations of me.  So as another step in walking and living in my truth, I have to be intentional about not judging others through my expectations. Doing the work of living authentic and in truth can be hard and uncomfortable.  I have made the decision to be committed to living my truth and setting the expectations from the beginning and out loud.  


Walking and living in truth brings freedom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment