Saturday, July 13, 2013

Lessons I Am Learning

In my blogs, I try to empower others to live their truth and be authentic in all that they do.  I seek to empower others to live their best life because from my belief system, YOLO and the words of Drake lol - You Only Live Once.  In my daily life, I strive to be a student even as I walk in the shoes of teacher also. As a student, I am learning lessons that are helping in my growth as a person and some of these lessons are easy to comprehend and others it takes some time.  So I would like to share a few that I have learned over the course of the past few week.......

1. You Only Live Once(YOLO) but planning is important....This is the 100th Anniversary of Delta Sigma Theta and the celebration in DC has started. I had said a couple of years ago that I would be attending the convention but did I plan no I did not.  So I miss the opportunity to celebrate with my sorority sisters and I had a few moments of regret. I want to thank my cousins for sharing in the moments with me through their experience.  There have been some opportunities that I have taken advantage of like traveling to Europe last year and jumping out there to own my own business.

2. I am a spiritual being having a human experience.....I realize that the core of me is my spiritual being and as a human being I still am spirit.  Sometimes as I experience human situations, I have to check my spirit to see how to respond.  My spiritual life is so important to me that I have to stay focus on who I am representing as a human being.

3. I am fearfully and marvelously made....Regardless of society norms and expectations I am authentic when I am walking in me.

4. The call on my life is important.... I have always struggled with the call I have to be an influence on the education and awareness about mental health.  The realization that I was called to counseling because I believe in the wellness, prevention, early intervention, and empowerment of mental health.  In my work, I seek to help individuals worked through human development issues and life struggles. I understand that mental health and mental illness are on a continuum.  The medical model of pathology is what I struggle with.  So my call is to influence the faith based community with an awareness on how to handle mental health issues that impact the church.

5. I can not judge others through my expectations....I shared in my last post that I was chasten in my spirit that I have been judging others through my expectations of them.  Part of being human is that we experience people through our experiences....which makes it easy to judge another.  I have to remember that everyone experience life through what they have experience and I can not expect you to live up to my expectations if I do not share what I expect from another. 

Let's walk in our true and authentic self by living your best life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment