Sunday, May 13, 2012

Passion and Desire

Over the course of the past two weeks, I have been reading a book titles The Passion Test: The Effortless Path to Discovering Your Life Purpose by Janet Bray Attwood and Chris Attwood.  The authors get the reader to list 10-15 things that you believe are most important that would give you a life of joy, passion, and fulfillment by completing the following statement.

When my life is ideal, I am _____________________(starting with a verb).

The key is to narrow your list down to five statements that define it for you.  I have gone through several list to identify my list of passions and it has truly been a task.  Completing this task has brought clarity about who I am, what I want to be and have ( I will share my list later....).

The next point of enlightment came yesterday when I was reading a Daily Stimulant sent by Iyanla Vanzant.  I love to know the meaning of things like words, names, etc.  So in the message the word "desire" was given meaning..."de" - of  and "sire" - the Father.  This made me think more about my Passion List and the things that I desire of the Father.  I realize that passion and desire are different but can go hand and hand.

When my life is ideal, I am empowering others to live their best life.

I desire to live my best life authentically.

So my request of you is to complete the statement....

When my life is ideal, I am ___________________________.

Ask yourself, what do I desire "of the Father"?  (Psalms 37:4)

No comments:

Post a Comment