Monday, May 7, 2012

Authenticity and Passion

Last night, I was watching Oprah's Master Class.  Listening to her story and how she got to where she is was inspiring.  Oprah made the decision not to change who she was when others wanted her to fit a mold that was not authentic to her. I began thinking about what lesson would  I want to share with others from my life.  The lesson that I am learning is that you have to be who you are and to find your passion.  Authentic living is being true to yourself and fitting in your own space.  So many times we create our view of who we are through the expectations of others and find out later in life that it does not matter.  I remember hearing that life truly gets better in your 40's because you learn that the opinion of others is so not where it is.  How do you get to know who you are may be a question that you are asking? 

  • What makes me happy?
  • What brings me joy?
  • What are my values?
  • What are my strengths?
  • What are my beliefs about life?
  • What are you passionate about vocationally, spiritually, physically?
Finding your passion is about realizing what motivates you and gets you flowing.  I am passionate about teaching and learning. Asking myself the question of when my life ideal what am I doing. I list those things that bring me joy and fulfillment and see where I am getting those things in my life.  Now the question to myself is how can I live my passion everyday.  It is time to live passionately and authentically.


No comments:

Post a Comment