Monday, April 30, 2012

Thoughts Are Just Words

I read a powerful statement earlier today....Thoughts are just words strung together.  This statement really made me think about the power of thoughts and how we have to be intentional about what we think.  It also made me think about the old saying, Sticks and stones may hurt my bones, but words will never hurt me.  That is the biggest crock of _____.  The impact that words have on our lives is life changing. Thoughts can bring healing..forgiveness...change.  So if thoughts are words strung together, then we are able to change our thoughts.  We have to be intentional about the words that we string together when we are thinking about our lives and situations.  We can not change our past but we can change what we think about our present which will create our future. 


You may say how can I change my thoughts because I have so many:
1.  Be intentional about thought stopping...when you find yourself worrying or criticizing yourself say STOP.
2. Intentionally change that thought to a present tense affirmation. Remember an affirmation can be positive or negative, so speak the present tense about a situation in the positive. ( ex. Thought: I am always broke.  Change: My needs are satisfied)

It is about intentional thinking...not just letting your thoughts be any words strung together. Remember the following: Proverbs 23:7a says, For as a man thinkth in his heart, so is he......


2 comments:

  1. ...change your thoughts, ...needed to read this. Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I was just trying to help a friend stop a lot of negative thinking towards herself. I'm going to send her this link!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete