Saturday, April 7, 2012

Stating your truth and walking in it......

"You have go to be willing to lose everything to gain yourself." - Iyanla Vanzant

Well, I was going to write about Invitation only and who we invite in our life should only bring appreciation - esteem and value and not depreciation- bringing the value down.  Instead, I just finished watching Oprah's Life Class with Iyanla Vanzant (ok I am two weeks behind - it was on time) and this spoke so many truths that I overflowing and wanted to share with you some of the nuggets that were shared.

"Until you heal the wounds of your past, you are going to bleed." - Iyanla Vanzant.  We are walking around bleeding because our past continues to come forth into our present.

Pain is (P) ay (A)ttention (I) Inward (N) ow.  We must Feel our pain...Deal with our pain...and Heal our Pain.  The willingness to feel our pain is the first step in being able to deal with our pain so that we can heal our pain.  Asking yourself what is my pain?  What is keeping me stuck?  How many time do you see yourself as the strong person and not allowed to experience your pain? 

Another nugget was How you treat yourself is how you treat God?  So if you are not a priority then God is not a priority.  This nugget slapped me in the face because I allow the opinions of others to negate God's thoughts towards me.  He sees me as being wonderfully and marvelously made, He sees me as the apple of His eye, He sees me as being my unique authentic self but I have allowed the thoughts of the world, others, media to establish an identity that I don't even like.  So I am the Lacrecia Vernise Dangerfield that God created and spoke into being.  If it does not align up to the world's view so what???????

So how do you get unstuck?  These are the steps that Iyanla shared:

Tell the truth....how do I contribute to the pain, who are you, what do I want?
Stop telling your old story.
State the facts and speak the truth - "Right Where I am God is"
Ask for what you want
Get a vision- the vision will pull you through.  Not a picture but a vision.

As your sister, I stand with you as you tell your story and speak the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment