Wednesday, April 25, 2012

This Number is not Who I Am.

I had a epiphany Monday morning....I have let a square box that displays a number gauge my thoughts about Who I Am. So many times, I have stood on this box and it reads those three digits and I am either happy or sad. If you have not figured it out, it is my scale. How many times have you stepped on the scale whether in the comfort of your bathroom, a doctor's office, a Weight Watchers meeting and it spoke to you messages of I am not small enough, I am not cute enough, I am a failure because the number went up or you did not lose the amount of pounds you wanted this week. Well the light came on for me and I decided that I will not give in to those three digits and let them drive my thoughts about me this week. Self love is far deeper than three numbers on a scale, it is about loving yourself unconditionally. The willingness to look in the mirror and say " I love and accept you exactly as you are.". I have noticed that I have made better choices and also my desire to exercise has improved. I am who I am regardless of what the number is...I am Lacrecia Vernise Dangerfield...the apple of God's eye. Creating powerful thoughts about who you are will change your destiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment