Sunday, April 1, 2012

Self-Care means setting appropriate boundaries

Self-care is not being selfish, self-care means to set appropriate boundaries.  The opportunity to decline the invitation to participate in any event that does not feed your passion or that is not edifying to your spirit is about self care.  As a helping person, I have at times out of a feeling of obligation to say "yes" to participate in situations that I have begrudgingly participated.  I was not taking care of myself because I created inner stress which can be deadly.  Have you ever participated in a conversation where some one has spoken negatively about you or into your life?  You negated your self-care because this created anxiety, shame, etc. in your spirit. 

Boundary setting means being able to say "No" when you participate in a situation that is draining to you or that you are not passionate about but say yes out of a feeling of obligation.  Another way to set boundaries is to set limits on situations...when a person is speaking to you if it does not add to who you are being able to walk away or addressing the situation by saying, I will not allow you to speak to me in this manner is setting boundaries and caring for yourself.

This week take care of who you are by setting approrpiate boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment