Sunday, March 25, 2012

Faith or Fear: Do you want to walk on the water?

I am currently reading John Ortberg's book, If You Want to Walk on Water, You've Got to get out of the Boat.  This book is relevant to the decision that I have to make regarding whether I want to live my best life or if I want to be comfortable and secure. The book is based on Matthew 14:22-33, when Peter asked Jesus, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." and Peter joined Him on the water.
Have you ever felt like you were being called to something different and exciting but was holding on to the familiar because of the fear of the unknown? For me, I am currently in this position...should I stay in the boat of comfort and safety or get out of the boat and answer the calling.  Faith moves you out of the boat and fear keeps you for living the best life.  At the end of our days, we want to leave this earth empty of our giftings. 

In what area of your life are you shrinking back from fully and courageously trusting God? Fear will tell you what your boat is.  Leaving it may be the hardest thing you ever do. But if you want to walk on the water, you've got to get out of the boat.  - John Ortberg

No comments:

Post a Comment