Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Wish List

Last night I watched a movie called The Wish List. The plot behind the story is a 30 something woman had created a wish list regarding the right guy for her.  She created this list to keep herself safe from the wrong guy.  She found herself in a dilemma, she met a guy name Eric that matched her wish list and she also met a guy that was completely opposite.  This movie made me think about the list the I have created:
1. A Christian man
2. Established
3. Romantic...( I love the romance of it all)
4. Enjoys traveling
5. Financially sound
6. Great sense of humor...can laugh at life
7. Family oriented
8. Conversationalist

Also today as I was catching up on The Revolution, a show on ABC that I enjoy because of the Hero of the Week stories.  This past week showed a single mother that was getting back into the dating game and she went on a date and did not feel the "tingle".  Dr. Tiffany asked her how did the tingle work in the past.  So she started stepping outside of her comfort zone and began to date past the first date.  These two situations have me asking myself is my list there to keep me safe or it is there to give me foundational criteria.  Is your wish list there to keep you safe or just as a guide ? 

No comments:

Post a Comment