Saturday, March 17, 2012

You are Priceless....Believe That

In my work as a  counselor and in everyday life, I have the opportunity to interact with individuals that have allowed the words and/or behaviors of another to make them feel less than who they are.  Growing up there was a saying, "Sticks and Stones may hurt my bones but words will never hurt me."  That is one of the greatest lies ever told and repeated.  The ability to realize that when another person hurts you through their actions and/or words that it is coming from their perspective and that you can not own their perspective.  My purpose today is to share with you that you are uniquely and marvelously who you are.  Your value was placed inside of you when you were created in your mother's womb and the value is PRICELESS.  We can not put a value on a person's life because we are not the creator nor giver of life.  Another person does not have the power or ability to place an amount on you.  Their words or behaviors do not depreciate who you.  Just the other day I was trying to make a decision on whether to buy the Iphone 4s or Iphone 4.  I could get the Iphone 4 for 99.00 or pay 299.00 or more for the Iphone 4s.  The major difference is Suri.  Suri is a feature that you can ask questions and she will provide you with information.  I view Suri as an affirmation tool and that her value to some increased the value of the Iphone. At the end of the day, I walked away with the Iphone 4 because I said, I can affirm myself....I do not need an external feature or person to affirm who I am. 

The lesson I want you to take away is the you are "YOU" despite the words or actions of another person.  You are "PRICELESS" far more valuable than rubies, diamonds, the words or actions of another.

Be blessed and Live your life on purpose and in purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment