Sunday, June 3, 2012

Lessons I have learned....

The other way on my way to work, I was thinking about some of the lessons that I have learned over the course of these 45 years.  There are a few that I wished that I had learned earlier in life and really put them into practice. 

Lesson One:  I am Lacrecia Vernise Dangerfield and there will never be another one so I must be authentic in who I am.  This is a lesson that I wish young ladies would learn well before they are in their 40's and stop trying to be who someone else wants them to be.  A friend posted on Facebook that when we are not who we are called to be and do not do what we are called to do then the universe is not in alignment.  I did not get comfortable in my skin until I was 40 and it was true what Oprah said...you just don't give a damn what others think at 40. 'Somedays are better than others but I am a great person to know and if you don't take the time to find that out - your loss.

Lesson Two: Do what makes your heart sing.  When I started the journey to finding the calling on my life, I was in my 30's.  I majored in Business because that was where the money was and I thought I liked accounting. I know that I walked the journey for a reason because I have accepted that I was born to lead and that I had to expand my definition of leader.  I was working with my coach this week and she had me to list characteristics of leaders that I admire and then she asked my questions and it pointed back to who I am.  Also I would have started my own business a long time ago because I like to beat my own drum and use my spiritual gifting to get it done.

Lesson Three:  Life is short and I only will get this journey once.  God has truly showed me His favor in my life. I have seen those younger than me leave this earth.  I have to make the best out of this journey and live each day to the fullest and in purpose.  Dreams do come true and if you write it down it will come to you.  I get the opportunity to experience a vacation that was on my list of places I would love to visit.  God truly orchestrated the path and journey out of nowhere. 

These are just 3 of the lessons that I have learned...I will share more along the way.

What have you learned about life?

2 comments:

  1. I have learned that my life would not be as rich as it is without you in it! You are a truly wonderful person to know. You are an unashamed woman of God and a blessing to all you know. I'm honored to count you as a friend.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori-
      Thanks for your kind words. We have always had a connection. I pray that God will bless your new experience.

      Delete