Thursday, November 8, 2012

Days of Thankfulness and Gratitude

I have completed 8 days of thankfulness.  Each day, I think about the day and say what I am thankful about or for.  I have been thankful for family and friends, my relationship with God, laughter, etc.  This week I have had the opportunity to look for moments of gratitude.  On Tuesday, I was shown by two friends different aspects of friendship.  I had lunch with a friend and we chatted about world events, the election and before the end of the conversation, she asked me about my struggle with writing my prospectus.  I shared with her my thoughts and the direction, I wanted to go. She took out a sheet of paper and drew out what I said to give me a visual.  This diagram helped me to put things into prospective and now I can work on my prospectus.

Another long time friend brought me some Christmas cookies that she use to make when we worked together at the bank.  These cookies remind me of the cookies they would sell in the cafeteria when I was in high school.  The sugar/butter cookies in the white bag. She met me half way in the cold just to bring me the cookies. 

I am thankful that I have friendships that have lasted for years.  We may not see or talk to  each other all the time but when we connect it is like it was just yesterday.  I am thankful for long time friends that I met in church, elementary school, high school, college, work and play.  Each of these individuals have added to my life and I appreciate each of you.

Tell your friends how much you appreciate him or her.

1 comment: