Sunday, November 18, 2012

An Attitude of Gratitude

As I continue to be intentional about my daily posting of what I am thankful for, I am finding that life is about the little things.  I don't want to take life for granted and not be appreciative of those things that happen.  I was listening to my Success Magazine CD and one of the speakers said that he made a 90 day commitment to not complain.  I have thought about making a similar commitment because I find myself complaining and grumbling about little things.

I find myself not enjoying everyday life because I am waiting for the spectacular or extraordinary to happen.  I can truly say Thank You Lord for all you have done for me.  Since I have become mindful of those things that I am grateful for,  I have noticed that my attitude has changed about getting up in the morning or how I see things.  I am thankful for family and friends, I am thankful for my relationship with God and how I have access to the Word. I am thankful for my health and strength, I am thankful for my job because I am working in a field that I truly feel like I am in purpose, I am thankful for those small thngs such as the opportunity to read a good book or listening to my favorite song. 

On Thursday, we will celebrate Thanksgiving with family and friends.  Although, the retail business world has seem to by past Thanksgiving and went to celebrating Christmas.  We have to have an "attitude of gratitude" on an everyday basis.....look at  each situation from a spirit of gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment