Saturday, February 9, 2013

As I continue to walk in my word for the year...Freedom, I was challenged by someone to talk to someone close to me about my decision to be a Career Consultant and Leader Development Coach.  Initially I was a little nervous because I did not know what the person would say or would they think that I was losing it.  So I shared my decision with my mom and she had some questions - why are you going to school to get a doctorate in counseling?  Are you going to wait until after you graduate?  Are you not working in your purpose?  These questions made me think but it also solidified my decision to be free. 

The answers to the questions are: 1) My dissertation will give me the knowledge and freedom to be a Leader Development Coach because I am researching Leader Development and Professional Identity 2) No, I have launched L. Dangerfield Consulting and 3) My purpose is continuing to be revealed.

I stepped closer to freedom by attending a luncheon for women business owners and guess what the panel was 3 coaches that shared their highs and lows about being in the business.  I had to introduce myself and share my business...it was such freedom seeing others smile back and affirm me.

My work as a career consultant is to work with others and help them find meaningful work or meaning in the work that they currently do. As a leader development coach, I work with individuals or groups seeking to enhance their leader skills. As you continue to seek who you be, you will find who you be----vocationally.

No comments:

Post a Comment