Sunday, January 27, 2013

Experiencing God

At the beginning of this year, I decided to participate in an online bible study of Experiencing God.  I participated in a bible study of the same book over 15 years ago.  The study is about experiencing a real and practical relationship with God and joining Him where he is working.  I truly believe that God has brought me back to this study so that I can reconnect and revitalize my relationship with Him in a new season.

There are several tenets discussed in the book on how our interaction with God moves us into the will of God.  The will of God has alot to do with the how our purpose is lived out here on Earth.  I remember after the first study was when I began to seek God about where He was calling me to join Him in my professional life and also in my spiritual life.  There was a shift from attending the church that I grew up in to where I am currently.  He also spoke to me about going back to school after I submitted to His will. My transition from the business arena to the counseling profession was orchestrated by God.  He did not lay the plan out 1..2...3.  He spoke and I moved.

It started out with taking a course at Nashville Tech in Adjustment Psychology and being asked to complete my 5 year goals.  A young man in class said that he was going to Trevecca to get his Masters in Counseling.  It was like...that is where I am calling you.  Now mind you I could not stand Psychology when I was in my undergraduate program.  I followed each step through the process of applying and taking the appropriate test.  I could see God's hand through this process.  In February 2003, during my time at the bank they announced that my department was moving to Jacksonville, FL.  I graduated in May 2003 and stayed at the bank until January 2004.

When I left the bank, I was able to complete my additional hours for licensure and my internship.  God provided for me during this time.  I received my first job offer in September 2004 as a counselor.  God has continued to direct my path and favored me with promotion.

I am currently in a season of wanting to experiencing God and seeking His will and direction on where He is calling me now.  God has reminded me that the same faith that got me where I am is the same faith that will take me into the next season.  When I started the study this time, I was not really thinking about the last transition until God spoke to me on Friday and then He confirmed it with His Word. He is transitioning me to the next level in this season.

The call on my life is to empower others to live their best life in the area of professional endeavors.  So I want to offer complimentary coaching sessions to help you to live your best life if you are stuck in a place and feel God calling you to the next level.



1 comment: