Saturday, August 17, 2013

Faith Dare: Day 17

I started the Faith Dare on August 1st and I really did not know what the dare was about. I knew that I would be reading devotionals everyday and journaling.  One of the major challenges is to fast from "self". My first thought was  how do you fast from "self".  I have fasted from television, food, social media, etc.  So how do you fast from "self"- it is truly about submission and trust in God.

I have learned more lessons about who I am.  I formulate plans in my head about how a situation should work out and then hope that God will bless my plans.  Well when I decided to go into business full time, my belief was that things would go one way.  I thought that my business would be one way but God has orchestrated me to do something different for a while.  I am working with a population that I have not worked with before and it is enjoyable even though I have a commute. 

How many times have you set up plans and they change and you realize that it was for the best?  In fasting from "self", I have learned that it is about trusting God in all things even when it is not working out the way that I expected.  Another thing has shifted, I will not be teaching both sessions this Fall as intended and I accept it as God opening up my schedule for something else.  What keeps playing in my spirit is "It is all God".

No comments:

Post a Comment