Friday, August 2, 2013

Faith Dare Day 2:Get Out of the Way

I have been blogging about the lessons that I have been learning during this season of my life.  The message that I have been hearing is "Get Out of Your Own Way".  How many times have you blamed someone or something else on the reason why you have not completed something?  For me it is many times because I get in my own way.  This clarity came to me when someone ask me when was I going to graduate. My goal is to graduate in December 2013 but if I do not it will be because I got in my own way.

I realized the other day that I was blocking myself from writing because of procrastination and self sabotage.  I go through the motions like I am writing something or doing research by reading things over and over again.  I realize that the negative self talk blocks me also.  When I set goals for myself, I get in my own way by not confronting the problem or follow through because I allow distractions to get in the way. 

Well the Faith Dare is about getting myself out of the way and allowing God's will to prevail in my life.  I am fasting myself through focusing on God and walking by faith.

So in the words of Ludacris  " MOVE GET OUT OF THE WAY!!!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment