Saturday, August 24, 2013

Staying the Course

Here lately I have been spending a lot of time in my car.  I have been commuting back and forth to Clarksville.  The drive gives me time to really do some thinking and also to listen to my music and/or audio tapes.  This time with self is teaching me lessons that I am learning about life and about who I am as a person and profession.

One lesson that I learned this week is that I must stay the course or find alternate routes home.  On Tuesday, there was a sink hole at Exit 8 which means that traffic was backed up to Exit 4.  This is really something because I get on the interstate at Exit 1 and I was rolling along until traffic came to a halt.  I realized then that I did not know an alternate route outside of staying on the interstate.  It may me think about the many times that I have started out on a journey and I got detoured because of an accident or traffic jam.  I could have gotten off the interstate and tried to navigate myself through Clarksville until I found my way or I could have stayed the course realizing that the interstate would open up soon and I could get back to the flow of things. 

How many times have you gotten off the interstate of life trying to find a different route instead of staying the course?  When we have set the course to reach a specific goal in life, we have to stay the course and not get side track by traffic delays.

No comments:

Post a Comment