Wednesday, April 17, 2013

What are you saying?

Yesterday I had the opportunity to spend some quality time with two colleagues will dining in Italy. Ok, not in Italy but in an Italian restaurant. We have a monthly meeting of the minds in a destination of our choosing. The reason I say opportunity is because the time was filled with introspection and spiritual connection. Well the time spent yesterday was so confirming and affirming. Dr. J.  shared her experience while attending a training and spending time with dear friends. She posed the question, do you believe we can create our life with what we speak? This question took me to the Word spoken on Sunday- Seize What You Say'

The conversation transitioned to how we can rewrite our story by how we speak it. As a counselor, part of the work I do with a client is to get the client to tell their story and then help them to re-construct their story outside of who they are.

Our tongue allows us to speak life or death into our being Proverbs 18:21. The realization that the adage- sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me. This is not so! What we speak to self or others can change the person. Choose to speak life and create your destiny. Speak life to those around you and watch how they change.

Psalm 45:1- My tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment