Friday, April 26, 2013

Successor Planning

We are at the end of April which means that I am coming to the end of my season at Family & Children's Service.  It has been seven years since I began working as a counselor to turn over the reins of the Counseling and Community Based Services to my successor-I have such a peace. I have been able to see the strategic planning of God all over this transition into independent business owner. 

The true understanding of Jeremiah 1:5- "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you.... God has plan my succession.  He does this alot of times and we do not understand just how strategic He is in His planning. I have always questioned why did I major in Business and then later get a Master's Degree in Counseling.  While having lunch with my #1 sand, she spoke the words that your were marketing yourself when you got your Bachelor's degree in Marketing for such a time as this.  You were majoring in Business to make money but it was much bigger than that. When I began working on my Master's it was for the purpose of serving the faith based community.  I have felt the call to provide training services around mental health education to ministry leaders and volunteers. The trajectory of my career over the past 7 years has been one of God's strategic planning.

Initally, I was calling the person who would take over my position as my replacement, but God reminded me that this person would not replace me.  The thought hit me that this person would be my successor.  We have had the opportunity to work together this week and it has been like meeting a old friend.  She said, " I feel like I have come back home." It is time for her to move into position because God has strategically planned this handoff.


 

1 comment:

  1. That is how I felt when I left AGAPE to start working from home. I feared the transition and the unknown, but I as soon as I took that initial step of faith, I was filled with peace. I haven't looked back.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete