Friday, October 5, 2012

Mack A Man

The other day, I was listening to the Michael Baisden show on my afternoon commute and he was telling women to make the first move when it comes to asking a man out.  So I posed the question to my family and friends about their thoughts on the matter. It was a mixed response some said a closed mouth does not get fed- so why not ask him out.  Then there were others that's said No, it is the man's responsibility to make the move.

I have mixed feelings about it because being raised in the church, I was taught that a woman should allow the man to be the initiator.  But on the other hand, there may have been some opportunities missed because the man did not want to put himself out there for the possibility of being turned down.  No one likes rejection or to be vulnerable in putting themselves out there. 

Woman have been fighting for an equal position in society for a long time so why not level the playing field by approaching a guy to let him know that you are interested.  Now, I do draw the line on asking a man to marry me.  I do believe in Proverbs 18:22, He who finds a wife finds a good thing and obtains favor from God.  I still believe that most men know the woman they will marry when they meet the woman or in the relationship. 

Another argument is if you ask the man out then who should pay for the date.  My thoughts on that is if he has asked me out, I think he should pay for the date.  So if I have asked him out, I am willing to pay....but if he offers to pay I will accept his offer.  LOL.  What are your thoughts should you ask him out?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still of the view that the mand should ask. You can make yourself available to be asked. You can say and do things to make it apparent to him that you want to be asked out. But he needs to do the asking.

    As far as proposing goes, he should do that too, but as for me, I knew it was coming. It was the natural progression of our relationship.

    Of course, all of this is easy for me to say as a married woman. IDK what it is really like out there in the dating world any longer.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete